terça-feira, 24 de junho de 2008

As an Artist

Sérgio Piancó, 44, Brazilian Painter, was born in a quite small town (Acopiara – Ceará) Northeast Brazil. Besides being a painter, he also writes books and gives classes. He started painting professionally in 1994 when he was already 30. He has taken most of the inspiration for this exhibition from reports on TV programs displaying people pretty concerned on what they would do with garbage in general and disposable things taken from garbage, or even things people would throw away, such as, computer boards, caps of bottles, gears, iron and plastic pieces and others.
He is also an enthusiastic activist of several programs and initiatives taken in the world of recycling things and garbage because he does think we could help the Planet be a better place and thus, become a real Global Village. He really believes his artwork could help people on how to get more aware of Sustainability and sustainable practices to improve the world we live in.
He would say the following about himself: " I was born on March 11, 1964, in Acopiara a quite small town in the poorest region of Brazil. Them I immigrated to São Paulo, our most important city searching for opportunities. I just did that when I was 30. Besides being a painter I also write books and give classes. I started painting professionally in 1994 when I was already 30. I get inspiration to most of my artwork from the views and folklore of a very typical region from Brazil I am from. I also get inspiration from African Themes, Egyptian and Greek Gods and Mythology, as well as, common things displayed in everyday life. Painting in my life is something experimental, intuitive, sensitive and dynamically cyclical. I've already exhibited some of my works in Fortaleza a big city in the northeast of my country and took part in a lot of shows, but not in very well-known galleries in Brazil. It´s only at this moment I've been dedicating to take art more seriously. I am planning to show some of my work in galleries all over the world, especially in the United States. I believe my work has a lot to do with American and Brazilian culture. And also take part in some art contests. I'm a layman on how to get worthy places to show my work."
You can see his artwork at Homepage: http://sergiopianco.blogspot.com/
E-mail: sergiopianco@yahoo.com.br
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/S%C3%A9rgio-Pianc%C3%B3-168829646524257/

Nenhum comentário: